Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 21 March 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind southwest 15 to 20 knots increasing to southwest 30 this afternoon then veering to northwest 30 Friday afternoon. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Friday evening.
Risk of freezing spray today.
Temperatures minus 20 to minus 14 rising to minus 1 Friday morning then falling to minus 10 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 21 March 2019 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from near 4650N 5540W to 4620N 5245W to 4835N
5140W to 4710N 4800W to 4315N 5030W to 4235N 4840W to 4720N 4500W to
4820N 4505W to 4915N 4715W to 5050N 4750W to 5520N 5200W to 5625N
5710W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice is north then west of
the ice edge.
9 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 March 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4220N 5000W to 4220N 4840W to 4610N 4220W to 4900N
4220W to 5400N 4835W to 5650N 5400W to 6000N 5930W to 6200N 5630W to
5740N 4820W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5045N 5925W to Newfoundland near 4945N 5745W.
Iceberg Count51 to 100 icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 21 March 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing ridge located over the East
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 986 mb located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 a.m. NDT Friday low 986 mb located over the East Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 AM NDT 21 March 2019 A low pressure system will move over northern waters overnight
tonight and then move eastward to lie near the Greenland coast by
Friday evening. Strong to gale force southwesterlies ahead of the low
will shift to strong to gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect North
Labrador Coast and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: