Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NST 02 February 2023
Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to east 25 knots near noon Friday and to east 35 to 45 Friday afternoon. Wind increasing to east 45 to 55 Friday evening.
Flurries Friday late in the day.
Risk of freezing spray Friday afternoon and evening.
Temperatures minus 25 rising to minus 18 Friday afternoon becoming minus 19 to minus 11 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 2 February 2023 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4842N 5305W to 4933N
5332W to 5015N 5520W to 5146N 5309W to 5441N 5156W to 5621N 5601W to
5803N 5746W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from 6132N 5754W to 6200N 5721W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
9 plus tenths grey ice including 4 tenths grey-white ice.
Consolidated first-year ice along the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 2 February 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
5025N 5635W to 4900N 4900W to 5050N 4745W to 5830N 5550W to 6005N
5015W to 5740N 4610W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 3 Feb estimated from Quebec near
5110N 5845W to Newfoundland near 5022N 5725W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 9:30 PM NST 02 February 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 2 February 2023 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight intensifying trough located south of the
East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday departing trough located east of the
At 4:00 a.m. NST Friday approaching low 990 mb located near the
St. Lawrence River.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:22 PM NST 2 February 2023 A low pressure system will approach from the southwest tonight and
track northeastward to lie over the South Labrador Coast by Friday
evening. Strong to gale force east to northeasterlies ahead of the
low will spread across most regions on Friday afternoon and evening.
Marine interests are advised that a storm warning is in effect for
Mid Labrador Coast. Gale warnings are in effect for South Labrador
Coast and South Labrador Sea - southern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: