Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 23 May 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 late overnight then backing to southwest 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Snow this morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in snow.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5125N 5700W to
Newfoundland near 5115N 5647W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5052N 5554W to
5044N 5323W to 5447N 5131W to 5803N 5715W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:20 PM EDT 22 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5310W to 4645N 4700W to 4830N 4650W to 5100N 4735W to 5715N
5040W to 5650N 4750W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 May estimated from Quebec near
5014N 6137W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 23 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday By 9:30 a.m. NDT today dissipating low 992 mb located north of
At 9:30 a.m. NDT today low 1000 mb located over western Belle
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Tuesday departing low 1000 mb located southeast
of the Marine District.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today approaching ridge located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 AM NDT 23 May 2022 A low pressure system located over Western Belle Isle Bank will move
to lie east of the district tonight. Strong to gale force
northwesterlies will develop in the wake of the low over southern
waters near noon today.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
South Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: