Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NST 21 February 2019
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 25 to 35 knots becoming west 25 this morning then increasing to northwest 35 Friday morning except northwest 15 to 20 over northern sections.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 22 to minus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4745N 5245W to 4735N 4955W
to 4805N 4825W to 4945N 5010W to 5110N 4900W to 5455N 5230W to 5535N
5605W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice north and west of the
Ice CoverageIce pressure warning in effect.
8 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice. Strong ice
pressure along parts of the coast and in the pack ice today.
Pressure easing Thursday afternoon.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 20 February 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4725N 5250W to 4705N 4800W to 4900N 4625W to 5235N 4700W to 5700N
5400W to 6040N 5945W to 6325N 5535W to 5700N 4900W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 21 February 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 10:00 AM EST 20 February 2019
Navigators in this marine area should be on the lookout for hazardous ice conditions and take necessary safety precautions. Please refer to the latest ice forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 21 February 2019 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 939 mb located east of the Marine
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday low 964 mb located east of Greenland.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Friday intensifying trough located over the South
At 4:00 a.m. NST today ridge located over the Maritimes.
By 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary ridge located over western
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 AM NST 21 February 2019 An intense low pressure system east of the marine district will
maintain gale force northwesterlies over most areas tonight.
Winds will gradually diminish on Thursday over coastal waters as the
low weakens and a ridge of high pressure approaches from the west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: