Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 18 May 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 this afternoon and to light near midnight. Wind becoming northwest 15 near noon Thursday.
Rain ending overnight. Fog patches forming this morning and dissipating Thursday afternoon.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 May 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5126N 5730W to
Newfoundland near 5052N 5700W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5617W to
5030N 5330W to 5431N 5400W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea
ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:01 PM EDT 17 May 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4700N 5520W to 4535N 5330W to 4515N 4900W to 4700N 4750W to 4925N
4745W to 5715N 5040W to 5625N 4740W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 May estimated from Quebec near
5013N 6118W to Newfoundland near 4755N 5915W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 18 May 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located over the East Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating ridge located east of the
East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 992 mb located near the Gaspe Peninsula.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday low 996 mb located over Labrador.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:34 AM NDT 18 May 2022 A low pressure system near the Gaspé Peninsula will track across
Labrador today and tonight. Strong to gale force southeasterlies will
spread across most waters ahead of this system.
Marine interests are advised that a gale warning is in effect for
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: