Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 12 December 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 20 knots increasing to northwest 30 Thursday morning with gusts to 40 near fjords Thursday morning and afternoon.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 5.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 12 December 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5320W to
Newfoundland near 4900N 5340W. Sea ice southwest of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4925N 5355W to
4930N 5400W to 4930N 5425W to 4945N 5430W to Newfoundland near 4950N
5540W. Sea ice south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5025N 5625W to 5025N
5605W to 5130N 5515W to 5355N 5525W to 5555N 5925W to 5805N 6135W to
5800N 6015W then eastward. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 8 tenths new ice including 2 tenths grey ice
along parts of the coast.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 12 December 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Dec estimated from Newfoundland near
5110N 5545W to 5110N 5430W to 5230N 5000W to 5500N 5000W to 5730N
5700W to 6000N 5900W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 13 Dec estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5145N 5630W to Newfoundland near 5125N 5615W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 4:00 PM NST 12 December 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 12 December 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary trough located over the
coast of Greenland.
At 4:00 p.m. NST today quasi-stationary high located over Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM NST 12 December 2018 A large area of high pressure will remain quasi-stationary over
Quebec and a trough of low pressure will remain quasi-stationary over
the coast of Greenland. Strong to gale force northwesterlies will
persist over most waters throughout the forecast period between these
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and the Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: