Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 21 August 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 15 knots increasing to southeast 20 Wednesday morning then diminishing to variable 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
Showers beginning after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 4 August 2018
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 21 August 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from Newfoundland near
4742N 5246W to 4530N 4700W to 4545N 4445W to 4700N 4445W to 5100N
4800W to 5700N 5400W.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 21 Aug estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5156N 5600W to Newfoundland near 5131N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 21 August 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 995 mb located over Davis Strait.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Wednesday weakening low 999 mb located over
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located on a line east-west over
the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday departing ridge located east of
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight trough located over Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:18 PM NDT 21 August 2018 A low pressure system in the Davis Strait will gradually weaken as it
drifts northward away from the district tonight. Strong to gale force
westerlies over northern waters will begin to diminish tonight as the
low moves away and a ridge builds in over southern waters.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half and East Labrador Sea -
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: