Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NST 05 December 2022
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to southwest 25 near midnight then backing to south 20 Tuesday morning.
Temperatures minus 6 rising to plus 1 Tuesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 5 December 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5227N 5538W to 5330N 5538W to
5437N 5709W to 5602N 6013W to 6000N 6328W to 6022N 6229W then
northeastward. Sea ice west then north of the ice edge.
Bergy water except 1 tenth new ice along parts of the coast.
Consolidated grey ice in some bays.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 5 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5149N 5612W to 5130N 5500W to 5130N 5300W to 5230N 5245W to
5400N 5300W to 5815N 5515W to 6000N 5310W to 5745N 4700W then
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NST 5 December 2022 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NST today trough located over the Northwest Labrador
By 3:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing trough located east of the East
At 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday approaching trough located over northern
At 4:00 p.m. NST today ridge located over central Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:54 PM NST 5 December 2022 A trough of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
continue to move eastward across the Labrador Sea tonight. Strong to
gale force south to southeasterly winds to the east of the trough
will subside tonight in its wake.
A second trough of low pressure will move northward across Northern
Quebec tonight and spread southerly gales across extreme northern
waters Tuesday morning.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - eastern half
- South Labrador Sea - western half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: