Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 26 September 2020
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 35 knots diminishing to northwest 25 this afternoon and to light this evening. Wind becoming east 10 to 15 Sunday morning.
Showers ending this morning. Showers Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 19 July 2020 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 25 September 2020
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 26 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5206N 5544W to 5230N 4900W to 5330N 4815W to 5530N 5200W to
5700N 5500W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NDT 26 September 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 26 September 2020 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 976 mb located over the Northwest
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing low 995 mb located southeast
of the East Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Sunday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 AM NDT 26 September 2020 A low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will drift
slowly southeastwards today and out to sea tonight. Strong gale force
southwesterlies ahead of the low shift to strong to gale force
northwesterlies in its wake, and then gradually diminish as it moves
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: