Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 27 March 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots veering to northeast 10 to 15 this evening then becoming light late overnight. Wind becoming north 10 to 15 Tuesday afternoon.
Temperatures near minus 1.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 27 March 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday. Outside the ice edge seas 1 to 2 metres building to 2 to 3 this evening and to 3 to 4 Tuesday morning.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 27 March 2023
Wednesday Wind north 10 to 15 knots.
Thursday Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday 7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western section.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 27 March 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4641N 5304W to 4658N 5104W
to 4834N 5122W to 5041N 5434W to 5421N 5302W to 5803N 5756W then
northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
7 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice except 9 plus
tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice in the western
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:50 PM EDT 27 March 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4655N 5525W to 4430N 5300W to 4330N 4745W to 4805N 4435W to 5835N
5540W to 6005N 5015W to 5920N 4845W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5020N 6048W to Newfoundland near 4840N 5829W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 27 March 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
North Labrador Coast.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: