Mid Labrador Coast
Issued 04:00 AM NST 18 February 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 45 to 55 knots except southwest 35 to 45 over southern sections. Wind becoming northwest 50 to 60 this morning then diminishing to northwest 35 to 45 after midnight. Wind northwest 35 to 45 Tuesday.
Snow changing to flurries this afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Risk of freezing spray.
Temperatures minus 10 to minus 5 falling to minus 15 this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 17 February 2019 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4830N 5300W to 4745N 4925W
to 4820N 4820W to 5005N 5015W to 5115N 4940W to 5230N 5030W to 5505N
5250W to 5630N 5710W to 5800N 5800W then northward. Sea ice north
and west of the ice edge.
8 tenths first-year ice except 8 tenths first-year ice including a
trace of old ice in the extreme northern section.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 17 February 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4739N 5247W to 4730N 4900W to 4920N 4715W to 5200N 4720W to 5700N
5400W to 6027N 5919W to 6510N 5439W to 5915N 5203W to 5832N 5003W
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Feb estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5150N 5615W to Newfoundland near 5130N 5600W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
Mid Labrador CoastIssued 04:00 AM NST 18 February 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 18 February 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 967 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday low 973 mb located over the East Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM NST 18 February 2019 A broad area of low pressure over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
slowly move to lie over the East Labrador Sea tonight. Gale to storm
force winds to the north and west of the low will diminish to strong
to gale force tonight as the low moves to east.
Marine interests are advised that storm warnings are in effect for
all waters except Lake Melville and East Labrador Sea where gale
warnings are in effect.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea - northern half
- East Labrador Sea - southern half
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: