Kane - southern half
Issued 05:30 PM EDT 25 September 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light increasing to northeast 20 knots early this evening and to northeast 25 late overnight. Wind northeast 25 Tuesday.
Flurries Tuesday afternoon and evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Over open water freezing spray beginning overnight.
Temperatures near minus 6.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 25 September 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Banks Island near 7347N 11602W to
7321N 10915W to Victoria Island near 7332N 10656W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Prince of Wales Island near 7350N
9935W to 7437N 9851W to Cornwallis Island near 7458N 9623W. Sea ice
northwest of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Cornwallis Island near 7533N 9414W to
Devon Island near 7615N 9347W. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Fourth ice edge estimated from Devon Island near 7434N 8919W to
7407N 8827W to Brodeur Peninsula near 7349N 8652W. Sea ice east of
the ice edge.
Fifth ice edge estimated from Borden Peninsula near 7326N 8110W to
Bylot Island near 7324N 8052W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Sixth ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7252N 7603W to 7257N
7409W to 7525N 7510W to 7520N 7329W then eastward. Sea ice northwest
of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
Kane - southern halfIssued 5:30 PM EDT 25 September 2023
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 6:34 PM MDT 25 September 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 0000 UTC Tuesday intensifying low 997 mb located at 71N 99W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday low 992 mb located at 70N 79W.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday departing ridge located over Baffin Bay.
At 0000 UTC Tuesday ridge located from 67N 119W to 74N 140W.
By 0000 UTC Wednesday ridge located from 67N 99W to 76N 123W then
to 87N 87W.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: