East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NST 16 December 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 25 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening and to variable 10 to 15 Monday morning. Wind increasing to south 15 to 20 Monday evening.
Flurries ending near noon Monday.
Temperatures near zero.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 16 December 2018 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4810N 5330W to 4825N
5300W to Newfoundland near 4835N 5300W. Sea ice west of the ice
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4835N 5310W to
4915N 5320W to 4950N 5405W to Newfoundland near 5000N 5530W. Sea ice
south of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5000N 5540W to 5205N
5445W to 5420N 5525W to 5600N 5910W to 5715N 6040W to 5725N 5920W to
5800N 5910W then eastward. Sea ice west and north of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 16 December 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5300N 5553W to 5300N 5200W to 5415N 5200W to 5730N 5700W to
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 16 December 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday ridge located on a line north-south over
central Labrador Sea.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 AM NST 16 December 2018 Marine interests are advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: