East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 17 September 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind northeast 25 knots except north 15 over northern sections. Wind diminishing to north 15 this evening then becoming variable 10 to 15 Wednesday evening.
East Labrador Sea - northern half
East Labrador Sea - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2019 Forecasts have ended for the season.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 September 2019
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 18 Sep estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5155N 5600W to 5140N 5430W to 5230N 5000W to 5330N 5000W to
5700N 5500W to 6100N 5800W to 6200N 5600W to 5900N 5000W then
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 17 September 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over Funk Island Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located over the Grand Banks.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located over the North Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Mid Labrador Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM NDT 17 September 2019 A trough of low pressure over the Funk Island Bank will continue to
drift southward tonight. Strong to gale force northerlies over
southern waters will diminish tonight as the trough moves off.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
South Labrador Coast, Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south, and
South Labrador Sea - southern half.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: