East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 29 September 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 20 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20 late overnight then increasing to southwest 25 near noon Friday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 29 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
5100N 5552W to 5100N 4915W to 5230N 4745W to 5430N 4730W to 5615N
5000W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 30 Sep estimated from the Labrador
coast near 5139N 5638W to Newfoundland near 5126N 5618W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 29 September 2022 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today departing trough located southeast of the
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday departing ridge located over the East
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over northern Quebec.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: