East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 06 June 2023
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots becoming north 15 late overnight. Wind north 15 Wednesday.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 05 June 2023
Tonight and Tuesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres subsiding to 1 or less Tuesday morning.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 06 June 2023
Thursday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots.
Friday Wind southwest 10 to 15 knots.
Saturday Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 5 June 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Quebec near 5126N 5728W to
Newfoundland near 5102N 5706W. Sea ice northeast of the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4933N 5510W to
5251N 5400W to 5803N 5815W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the
Iceberg BulletinIssued 3:37 PM EDT 5 June 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Newfoundland near
4701N 5520W to 4550N 5300W to 4700N 4800W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5740N 5305W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 6 Jun estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 6 June 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Belle Isle Bank.
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line north-south over
the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating trough located on a line
north-south over the East Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT today building ridge located over the Northwest
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: