East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NST 09 December 2022
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 knots except southeast 35 over northern sections tonight. Wind southeast 25 Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 9 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5227N 5538W to 5330N 5538W to
5437N 5709W to 5602N 6013W to 6000N 6328W to 6002N 6213W then
northeastward. Sea ice west then north of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 9 December 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 10 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5300N 5553W to 5300N 5400W to 5400N 5300W to 5815N 5445W to
5825N 5315W to 5935N 5130W to 5800N 4620W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NST 09 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 9 December 2022 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over the Northwest Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Belle Isle Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Saturday dissipating ridge located on a line
east-west over Belle Isle Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:28 PM NST 9 December 2022 A trough of low pressure will remain nearly stationary over the
Northwest Labrador Sea tonight and Saturday. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies will persist to the east of the trough, while
northwesterly gales can be expected to its west.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, South Labrador Coast, and Northwest
Labrador Sea - eastern half.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except Lake Melville, Northwest Labrador Sea -
eastern half, and East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - eastern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - western half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: