East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 24 September 2022
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northeast 30 knots diminishing to east 20 Sunday morning then veering to southeast 25 Sunday afternoon.
Periods of rain and fog patches.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 13 July 2022
Ice EdgeIce edge is outside the forecast region.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 24 September 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Newfoundland near
4804N 5256W to 4815N 5215W to 5045N 4845W to 5345N 4845W to 5600N
5045W to 5845N 5545W to 5945N 5255W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 25 Sep estimated from Quebec near
5100N 5853W to 5030N 5830W to Newfoundland near 5012N 5735W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 24 September 2022 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight Post-tropical Storm Fiona 950 mb located
over the Gulf of St. Lawrence.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday Post-tropical Storm Fiona 970 mb located
over southeastern Labrador.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight departing high 1021 mb located north of
the Marine District.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM NDT 24 September 2022 Post-tropical storm Fiona will approach from the southwest tonight
and cross the region on Sunday. Strong to gale force southeast to
northeasterlies will spread across most waters as Fiona approaches.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
waters except Lake Melville, Northwest Labrador Sea, and East
At 9:30 PM NDT, post-tropical storm Fiona is located near
Latitude 48.8 north and longitude 59.8 west , or about 52 nautical
miles west-northwest of Stephenville. Maximum sustained winds were
estimated at 60 knots and central pressure at 950 MB. Fiona was
moving northeastward at 30 knots.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: