East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 21 March 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind light increasing to northwest 15 to 20 knots near noon and to northwest 30 this evening. Wind diminishing to northwest 20 Thursday evening.
A few flurries or showers ending late overnight.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over northern sections tonight and Thursday.
Temperatures plus 2 falling to minus 8 to zero overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4840N 5050W
to 5425N 5110W to 5635N 5515W to 5800N 5825W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 20 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4653N 5409W to 4530N 5330W to 4500N 4745W to 4515N 4530W to 4800N
4600W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 20 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5029N 5724W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NDT 21 March 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NDT 21 March 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. NDT today low 997 mb located over northern Belle
By 9:30 a.m. NDT today departing low 1001 mb located east of Belle
At 4:00 a.m. NDT today trough located on a line east-west over
the Mid Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday weakening trough located on a line
east-west over the South Labrador Sea.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Thursday ridge located from Labrador to Funk
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM NDT 21 March 2018 A trough of low pressure over the Mid Labrador Coast will weaken
throughout the forecast period. Strong to gale force northwesterlies
to the north of the trough will diminish to moderate to strong
northwesterlies tonight or Thursday as the trough weakens.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for the
Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south, South
Labrador Sea - northwestern half, and Northwest Labrador Sea -
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: