East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NST 25 February 2018
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15 late overnight except south 20 over western sections Monday.
Flurries ending late overnight. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Occasional freezing spray ending overnight.
Temperatures minus 14 to minus 6 rising to minus 2 near noon Monday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 24 February 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4805N 5255W to 4700N 4730W
to 5145N 4905W to 5500N 5230W to 5600N 5530W to 5800N 5800W then
northward. Sea ice north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 24 February 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Feb estimated from Newfoundland near
4640N 5309W to 4645N 4800W to 5000N 4630W to 5115N 4630W to 5700N
5330W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Feb estimated from Newfoundland
near 5134N 5600W to the Labrador coast near 5154N 5600W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 09:30 AM NST 25 February 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NST 25 February 2018 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NST today dissipating low 1006 mb located southeast
At 9:30 a.m. NST today ridge located over western Labrador.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Monday departing ridge located on a line
north-south over eastern Labrador Sea.
At 9:30 a.m. NST today departing trough located southeast of the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 AM NST 25 February 2018 Marine interests are advised that all gale warnings have ended.
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: