East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 30 May 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 knots veering to southwest 20 late overnight then backing to southeast 25 Wednesday morning.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 30 May 2023
Tonight and Wednesday. Seas 1 to 2 metres except 2 to 3 over southern sections. Seas building to 2 to 3 this evening.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 30 May 2023
Thursday Wind southeast 20 knots increasing to northwest 25 in the afternoon.
Friday Wind northwest 15 to 20 knots.
Saturday Wind northwest 15 knots backing to southwest 15 to 20.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 30 May 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 30 May 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4905N 5337W to 4933N 5214W
to 5118N 5258W to 5125N 5502W to 5501N 5409W to 5532N 5610W to 5803N
5815W then northeastward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 30 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4500N 5325W to 4635N 4725W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5745N 5250W to 5935N 4840W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 31 May estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 30 May 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today weakening low 1004 mb located southeast of
By 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight dissipating low 1006 mb located over
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today trough located over Ungava Bay.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Wednesday trough located over the Northwest
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: