East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 23 March 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 20 knots increasing to northwest 30 Saturday morning.
A few flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Temperatures minus 12 to minus 4.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 23 March 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4740N 5240W to 4815N 5150W
to 4835N 4910W to 5510N 5140W to 5800N 5825W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 23 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4530N 5315W to 4500N 4745W to 4515N 4515W to 4715N
4515W to 5100N 4700W to 5300N 4900W to 5600N 5130W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 23 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 9:30 PM NDT 23 March 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 23 March 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 996 mb located over Funk Island Bank.
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Saturday low 1000 mb located east of Funk Island
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight quasi-stationary trough located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM NDT 23 March 2018 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast - Saglek and
south, and the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: