East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 24 January 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 25 knots veering to west 25 near noon then backing to southwest 15 to 20 this evening. Wind veering to west 25 Tuesday evening.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over western sections today and Tuesday.
Temperatures minus 3 falling to minus 10 to minus 2 this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 23 January 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4739N 5240W to 4855N 5225W
to 5016N 5411W to 5218N 5259W to 5457N 5254W to 5803N 5720W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 23 January 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 24 Jan estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5239N 5551W to 5140N 5055W to 5300N 4855W to 5545N 5415W to
5920N 5655W to 6035N 5210W to 5830N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 24 January 2022
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 24 January 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. NST today trough located on a line northeast-southwest
over the North Labrador Coast.
By 4:00 a.m. NST Tuesday departing trough located east of Labrador
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:58 AM NST 24 January 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all areas with open water.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: