East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 22 March 2018
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening except northwest 25 over southeastern sections tonight and Friday morning. Wind becoming northwest 25 Friday evening.
A few flurries.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Freezing spray over northern sections tonight and Friday.
Temperatures minus 8 to zero falling to minus 12 to minus 4 Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018 Today Tonight and Friday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4905N 4925W
to 5530N 5210W to 5635N 5510W to 5800N 5830W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 22 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4652N 5408W to 4530N 5314W to 4500N 4744W to 4515N 4529W to 4700N
4529W to 5100N 4744W to 5300N 4929W to 5600N 5144W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 22 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5109N 5840W to Newfoundland near 5028N 5723W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 22 March 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 22 March 2018 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary trough located over
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today ridge located from Labrador to Funk Island
By 4:00 a.m. NDT Friday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
over the South Labrador Sea.
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today low 988 mb located near Nova Scotia.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Friday low 994 mb located over central
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 PM NDT 22 March 2018 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for Mid Labrador Coast, North Labrador - Saglek and south, and
the Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: