East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NDT 28 May 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 30 knots diminishing to northeast 20 Monday afternoon except southwest 20 over northern sections.
Issued 06:00 PM NDT 28 May 2023
Tonight and Monday. Seas 2 to 3 metres building to 3 to 4 this evening.
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 28 May 2023
Tuesday Wind variable 15 to 20 knots becoming southeast 20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday Wind southeast 20 knots.
Thursday Wind variable 15 to 20 knots.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 28 May 2023 Today Tonight and Monday Bergy water.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 28 May 2023 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4905N 5337W to 4856N 5151W
to 5312N 5139W to 5527N 5310W to 5545N 5555W to 5803N 5815W then
northward. Sea ice north then west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:46 PM EDT 28 May 2023
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4710N 5510W to 4502N 5323W to 4630N 4746W to 5230N 4640W to 5755N
5455W to 5805N 5150W to 5935N 4840W to 5830N 4525W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 29 May estimated from Quebec near
5022N 6051W to Newfoundland near 4839N 5830W.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NDT 28 May 2023 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight low 995 mb located over the Gulf of
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Monday low 998 mb located over southeastern Belle
At 9:30 p.m. NDT tonight ridge located over northern Quebec.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Monday quasi-stationary ridge located over
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: