East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 PM NDT 17 March 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 25 knots except northeast 15 over northern sections. Wind increasing to northeast 35 near noon Sunday except northeast 15 to 20 over northern sections. Wind increasing to northeast 35 to 45 Sunday afternoon except northeast 15 to 20 over northern sections.
Periods of rain or snow. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 17 March 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 4715N 5245W to 4855N 5050W
to 5520N 5240W to 5610N 5530W to 5800N 5700W then northward. Sea ice
north and west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EDT 17 March 2018
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Mar estimated from Newfoundland near
4650N 5404W to 4545N 5330W to 4530N 4745W to 4530N 4600W to 4800N
4600W to 5300N 4930W to 5600N 5200W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 17 Mar estimated from Quebec near
5118N 5820W to Newfoundland near 5041N 5717W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 4:00 PM NDT 17 March 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM NDT 17 March 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. NDT today deepening low 978 mb located over eastern
Funk Island Bank.
By 4:00 p.m. NDT Sunday low 968 mb located over southern Belle
At 4:00 p.m. NDT today quasi-stationary low 984 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM NDT 17 March 2018 A deepening low pressure system over Funk Island Bank will move to
lie over Belle Isle Bank tonight then remain nearly stationary.
Strong to gale force east to northeasterlies will develop north of
the low on Sunday.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for Mid
Labrador Coast, North Labrador Coast, and East Labrador Sea.
Marine interests are also advised that a freezing spray warning is in
effect for Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: