East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 AM NDT 16 May 2021
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind variable 10 to 15 knots today tonight and Monday.
Issued 06:00 AM NDT 16 May 2021
East Labrador Sea - northern half
Today Tonight and Monday. Seas 1 metre or less.
East Labrador Sea - southern half
Today Tonight and Monday. Seas 1 to 2 metres.
Issued 04:00 AM NDT 16 May 2021
Tuesday Wind variable 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 20 in the afternoon.
Wednesday Wind southeast 25 knots.
Thursday Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to variable 10 to 15.
Issued 10:00 AM EDT 15 May 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EDT 15 May 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Labrador near 5338N 5620W to 5351N 5609W to
5449N 5708W to 5546N 5657W to 5800N 6042W then northeastward. Sea
ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 2:30 PM EDT 15 May 2021
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 May estimated from Newfoundland near
4925N 5400W to 5100N 4910W to 5145N 4855W to 5525N 5040W to 5545N
4900W to 5900N 4555W then eastwards.
Western iceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 May estimated from Quebec near
5036N 5930W to Newfoundland near 4941N 5753W.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 AM NDT 16 May 2021 Today Tonight and Monday At 9:30 a.m. NDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 p.m. NDT Monday approaching trough located on a line
north-south over northern Quebec.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:09 AM NDT 16 May 2021 A trough of low pressure will approach the marine district Monday
night. Strong to gale force southerly winds will develop over
northwestern waters late Monday ahead of this feature.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for
North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek and Northwest Labrador Sea -
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: