East Labrador Sea
Issued 04:00 AM NST 16 December 2017
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots diminishing to variable 15 to 20 Sunday morning then increasing to northwest 25 Sunday evening.
Flurries. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Temperatures minus 2 to plus 3.
East Labrador Sea - northern half
East Labrador Sea - southern half
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 15 December 2017 Today Tonight and Saturday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from Newfoundland near 5030N 5615W to 5045N 5525W
to 5340N 5510W to 5600N 6025W to 5745N 6120W to 5955N 6320W to 6030N
6235W then northward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Forecasts available to mariners upon request.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 11:00 AM EST 15 December 2017
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 16 Dec estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5225N 5540W to 5000N 5230W to 5400N 4700W to 5500N 4700W to
6000N 5900W to 6100N 5400W to 5700N 5000W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountForecasts available to mariners upon request.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 16 December 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM NST 16 December 2017 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. NST today low 958 mb located over the Northwest
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday low 972 mb located over the East Labrador
By 4:00 a.m. NST Sunday approaching low 960 mb located east of
Funk Island Bank.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM NST 16 December 2017 A weakening low pressure system over the Northwest Labrador Sea will
drift slowly eastward during the forecast period. Strong to gale
force northerlies are expected north of the low with strong to gale
force southwesterlies to its south. Winds will shift to strong to
gale force northwesterlies in its wake.
Marine interests are advised that gale warnings are in effect for all
Marine interests are also advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for all waters except the East Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: