East Labrador Sea
Issued 09:30 PM NST 27 November 2022
Tonight and Monday.
Wind southeast 25 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 15 near midnight except southeast 25 over eastern sections. Wind becoming west 25 near noon Monday.
Periods of snow or rain. Visibility 1 mile or less in precipitation.
Temperatures plus 3 falling to minus 2 to plus 2 Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 10:00 AM EST 27 November 2022 Today Tonight and Monday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5316N 5546W to 5329N
5539W to 5344N 5621W to Labrador near 5430N 5725W. Sea ice west of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Labrador near 5453N 5813W to 5552N
6011W to 5751N 6131W to 6024N 6355W to 6036N 6346W then
northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
Iceberg BulletinIssued 1:30 PM EST 27 November 2022
Iceberg LimitIceberg limit at 0000 UTC 28 Nov estimated from the Labrador coast
near 5213N 5540W to 5215N 5330W to 5430N 5400W to 5815N 5630W to
6000N 5310W to 5825N 4700W then eastwards.
Iceberg CountUnknown number of icebergs.
Warnings (In effect)
East Labrador SeaIssued 04:00 AM NST 28 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM NST 27 November 2022 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight deepening low 989 mb located north of
the Northwest Labrador Sea.
By 9:30 a.m. NST Monday departing low 985 mb located over the East
At 9:30 p.m. NST tonight intensifying trough located over the
South Labrador Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. NST Monday low 980 mb located over the northern East
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM NST 27 November 2022 Marine interests are advised that freezing spray warnings are in
effect for North Labrador Coast and Northwest Labrador Sea.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: