East Brevoort - northern half
Issued 05:00 PM EDT 28 September 2022
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind north 15 knots increasing to north 25 after midnight then diminishing to light Thursday evening.
Showers ending near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EDT 28 September 2022 Today Tonight and Thursday
Ice EdgeFirst ice edge estimated from near 7346N 10336W to 7414N 10312W to
7420N 9515W to Somerset Island near 7408N 9408W. Sea ice north of
the ice edge.
Second ice edge estimated from Baffin Island near 7317N 8112W to
Bylot Island near 7318N 8049W. Sea ice north of the ice edge.
Third ice edge estimated from Bylot Island near 7339N 7802W to near
7542N 7352W then eastwards. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 PM EDT 28 September 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 0000 UTC Thursday deepening low 990 mb located at 69N 94W.
By 0000 UTC Friday low 988 mb located at 65N 77W.
At 0000 UTC Thursday ridge located from James Bay to Hudson Strait.
By 0000 UTC Friday ridge located on a line north-south over western
At 0000 UTC Thursday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over eastern Davis Strait.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde
- East Davis
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea
- North Labrador Coast
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome
- South Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson
- St. Roch
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: