Central Brevoort - northern half
Issued 05:00 PM EST 07 February 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind light increasing to northeast 20 knots this evening and to northeast 35 Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to northeast 40 near noon Wednesday.
Snow overnight and Wednesday. Blowing snow beginning Wednesday morning. Visibility 1 mile or less in blowing snow.
Low tonight minus 27. High Wednesday minus 16.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 7 February 2023 Today Tonight and Wednesday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5803N 5746W to 6030N 5707W then
northeastwards. Sea ice northwest of the ice edge.
8 tenths first-year ice including a trace of old ice.
Warnings (In effect)
Central Brevoort - northern halfIssued 5:00 PM EST 07 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 18 December 2022 Today Tonight and Monday At 1200 UTC Sunday cold front located from Foxe Basin to James Bay.
By 0000 UTC Tuesday cold front located over Hudson Strait.
At 1200 UTC Sunday quasi-stationary ridge located over Greenland.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast - Hopedale and south
- Mid Labrador Coast - north of Hopedale
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northwestern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southeastern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Nottingham - eastern half
- Nottingham - western half
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea - northern half
- South Labrador Sea - southern half
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: