Central Brevoort - northern half
Issued 05:00 AM EST 15 December 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind north 30 knots diminishing to north 15 this afternoon and to light this evening. Wind becoming west 15 late overnight then diminishing to light Sunday morning.
Freezing spray warning in effect.
Outside the ice edge severe freezing spray becoming moderate this afternoon and ending this evening. Moderate freezing spray beginning overnight.
Temperatures minus 13 rising to minus 9 Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
Ice ForecastsIssued 11:00 AM EST 15 December 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday
Ice EdgeIce edge estimated from 5800N 5910W to 5930N 5900W to 6040N 6000W to
6315N 5755W then northeastward. Sea ice west of the ice edge.
5 tenths grey ice including 1 tenth grey-white ice except 9 plus
tenths grey ice including 3 tenths grey-white ice in the western
Warnings (In effect)
Central Brevoort - northern halfIssued 05:00 AM EST 15 December 2018
Moderate or severe freezing spray is occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:45 AM EST 15 December 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 1200 UTC Saturday quasi-stationary trough located on a line
north-south over the coast of Greenland.
At 1200 UTC Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over eastern Baffin Island.
At 1200 UTC Saturday low 990 mb located over northern Alberta.
By 0000 UTC Monday low 983 mb located at 58N 81W.
Arctic - Eastern Arctic Area
- Arviat - eastern half
- Arviat - western half
- Central Brevoort - northern half
- Central Brevoort - southern half
- Central - eastern half
- Central - western half
- Clarence - northern half
- Clarence - southern half
- Coats - northern half
- Coats - southern half
- East Baffin - northern half
- East Baffin - southern half
- East Brevoort - northern half
- East Brevoort - southern half
- East Clyde - northern half
- East Clyde - southern half
- East Davis - northern half
- East Davis - southern half
- East Foxe
- East Labrador Sea
- Eureka - southern half
- Frobisher Bay
- Jones - eastern half
- Jones - western half
- Kane - southern half
- Lancaster - eastern half
- Lancaster - western half
- Mid Labrador Coast
- Navy Board
- Northwest Labrador Sea - northern half
- Northwest Labrador Sea - southern half
- North Labrador Coast - north of Saglek
- North Labrador Coast - Saglek and south
- Prince Charles
- Puvirnituq - northern half
- Puvirnituq - southern half
- Rankin - northern half
- Rankin - southern half
- Resolution - eastern half
- Resolution - western half
- Roes Welcome - northern half
- Roes Welcome - southern half
- South Labrador Sea
- South Sverdrup
- South-central Hudson - eastern half
- St. Roch
- Ungava - eastern half
- Ungava - western half
- West Baffin - northern half
- West Baffin - southern half
- West Brevoort - northern half
- West Brevoort - southern half
- West Clyde - northern half
- West Clyde - southern half
- West Davis - northern half
- West Davis - southern half
- West Foxe
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: