West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 07:25 PM PST 22 November 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to southwest 5 to 15 after midnight then increasing to southwest 15 to 25 Thursday morning.
Rain changing to a few showers Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 November 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By midnight PST tonight weakening frontal system located over the
At 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM PST 22 November 2017 A frontal system extending from the Central Coast to Explorer will
gradually weaken tonight. Southerly gales over central waters and
west of Vancouver Island will diminish overnight.
Another approaching frontal system will track across the offshore
waters Thursday night. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over the offshore waters Thursday evening then spread to
central and northern waters overnight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: