West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 04 June 2020
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 20 knots except light near the coast south of Barkley Sound Friday morning. Wind increasing to northwest 20 to 30 Friday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 4 June 2020 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over southeastern Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 1009 mb located northwest of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday low 1009 mb located west of Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: