West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 10 June 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots except variable 5 to 15 near the coast south of Tofino. Wind increasing to northwest 25 to 35 near noon except variable 5 to 15 near the coast south of Tofino. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 25 Sunday afternoon except northwest 25 to 35 northwest of Estevan Point.
Fog banks dissipating near noon Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Gale warning in effect
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 04:00 AM PDT 10 June 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 10 June 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:01 AM PDT 10 June 2023 A building ridge of high pressure will remain over Bowie. Ahead of
the ridge, gale force northwesterlies will develop off the west coast
of Vancouver Island this afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: