West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 05 August 2021
Tonight and Friday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots becoming southeast 10 to 20 Friday evening.
Showers ending this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 5 August 2021 Tonight and Friday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low 1007 mb located over the
At 2:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located west of Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday trough located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 5 August 2021 A ridge of high pressure over Northern Vancouver Island and strong
daytime heating over the BC Interior are producing strong to gale
force inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait every day midday
And evening. Winds will then ease to moderate to strong by
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: