West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 October 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots and locally southeast 30 to 35 northwest of Estevan Point overnight and Tuesday. Wind becoming west 20 to 30 early Tuesday evening then diminishing to south 10 to 20 late Tuesday evening.
Periods of rain beginning early Tuesday morning. Fog dissipating Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 October 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM PDT 22 October 2018 A strong front over Bowie will track eastward to lie over
Haida Gwaii Tuesday morning.
Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southerly winds will
Continue over most northern and central waters through Tuesday.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: