West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots except light near the coast. Wind becoming northwest 10 to 20 late this afternoon then becoming northwest 5 to 15 late overnight except light near the coast. Wind becoming light Saturday morning then increasing to northwest 10 to 20 Saturday afternoon except light near the coast Saturday evening.
Fog patches dissipating late this morning. Fog patches forming overnight and dissipating Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 September 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located from the
North Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary frontal system located
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM PDT 30 September 2022 A frontal system will remain quasi-stationary over Bowie through the
forecast period. Strong to gale force winds are expected over
northern offshore waters Friday afternoon through Friday night.
By Saturday afternoon gale force winds are expected for Hecate Strait
- northern half and Dixon Entrance East.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: