West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 January 2021
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots except southeast 5 to 15 near the coast south of Tofino. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 near noon then increasing to south 15 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind becoming northwest 20 to 30 Tuesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 January 2021 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located over northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
over western Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 AM PST 18 January 2021 A frontal system currently over Bowie will approach the North Coast
today. Gale to storm force southeasterlies have developed
Over Bowie, and will spread the northern waters this afternoon. In
the its wake, strong to gale force westerlies will develop tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: