West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 26 September 2020
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light late this evening then increasing to southeast 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind becoming southeast 15 to 25 early Sunday morning except southeast 30 northwest of Estevan Point. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 Sunday evening except southeast 25 northwest of Estevan Point.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 26 September 2020 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday ridge located on a line north-south over
southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying frontal system located west
of the offshore waters.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over eastern Queen
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PDT 26 September 2020 An intense Pacific frontal system will approach the offshore waters
from the west this evening and reach the North Coast early Sunday
morning. Southeast gale to storm force winds will develop ahead of
this system over the offshore waters this evening, northern waters
overnight and over the central waters Sunday morning. In the wake of
the system, winds will shift to strong to gale force southwesterlies
except storm force over Northern Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: