West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 10 August 2022
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind southeast 15 to 20 knots diminishing to light early Thursday morning then becoming northwest 5 to 15 Thursday evening.
Rain ending this evening with a risk of thunderstorms. Periods of drizzle overnight. Fog patches forming after midnight and dissipating Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 10 August 2022 Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located west of the
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today low 1015 mb located over Explorer.
By 6:00 a.m. PDT Thursday departing low 1016 mb located southwest
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 PM PDT 10 August 2022 Ahead of a ridge of high pressure is currently producing strong to
gale force northerly winds to areas in the vicinity of Haida Gwaii.
The winds will ease to moderate to strong northerlies tonight.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: