West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 11 August 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Wind light becoming northwest 5 to 15 knots late this afternoon then becoming light after midnight. Wind becoming southeast 5 to 15 near noon Friday.
Fog patches forming overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 11 August 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over western Bowie.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing low located south of Explorer.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Friday approaching trough located west of Bowie.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: