West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 July 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 25 early this evening except northwest 25 to 35 northwest of Estevan Point Friday afternoon and evening.
Showers ending near noon Friday. Fog patches dissipating near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 04:00 AM PDT 16 July 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 July 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over the Lower Mainland.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today dissipating frontal system located over
northern Vancouver Island.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line north-south
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PDT 16 July 2020 A ridge of high pressure west of Vancouver Island will produce
Gale force westerly winds through Juan de Fuca Strait this
Afternoon and evening. The winds will ease after midnight as the
Another ridge of high pressure west of the offshore waters will shift
eastward to lie over Bowie by Friday morning then reach Haida Gwaii
by Friday afternoon. Strong to gale force northwesterly winds will
develop over west coast Vancouver Island Friday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: