West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 03 October 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind variable 5 to 15 knots increasing to northwest 15 to 20 this evening except light near the coast tonight and light near the coast south of Estevan Point Wednesday evening.
Showers and fog patches ending Wednesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 3 October 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today departing trough located over the Central
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday approaching frontal system located west
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday building ridge located south of Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PDT 3 October 2023 A trough of low pressure will track across Haida Gwaii late this
morning and onto the coast this afternoon. Ahead of the trough,
southerly gales will develop over Dixon Entrance - east and Hecate
Strait later this morning and then shift to strong westerlies in the
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: