West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 04:00 PM PST 11 November 2019
Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except southeast 25 to 30 northwest of Estevan Point. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 late overnight except southeast 15 to 25 northwest of Estevan Point. Wind becoming northwest 15 to 20 Tuesday morning except southeast 15 to 20 near the coast. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday evening.
Rain changing to showers near noon Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 11 November 2019 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located over
the Central Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening low 990 mb located northwest
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday ridge located over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:12 PM PST 11 November 2019 A frontal system over central and northern waters will continue to
weaken tonight. Southeast gales near the mainland coast will ease to
strong southwesterly by Tuesday morning.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: