West Coast Vancouver Island South
Issued 09:30 PM PST 12 November 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except southeast 35 northwest of Estevan Point. Wind becoming southeast 20 to 30 near midnight except southeast 40 northwest of Estevan Point. Wind becoming southerly 15 to 25 Tuesday morning then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 late Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain beginning early Tuesday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island SouthIssued 9:30 PM PST 12 November 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 12 November 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight deepening low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 993 mb located west of Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PST 12 November 2018 A weakening frontal system over Queen Charlotte Sound will move
southeastward tonight as a rapidly developing low tracks towards
Haida Gwaii from the southwest.
Strong to gale force southeasterly winds over northern and central
waters and off Northern Vancouver Island will rise to gale to storm
force overnight as the low approaches.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: