West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PST 20 January 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early this morning and to southeast 35 to 45 late this morning. Wind diminishing to southerly 15 to 25 late this afternoon then veering to westerly 15 to 25 near noon Sunday.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 04:00 AM PST 20 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 20 January 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located over
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from Sandspit to
Cape Scott then to Tofino.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 AM PST 20 January 2018 A frontal system over the offshore waters this morning will move
southeastward to the coastal waters this afternoon then to southern
waters tonight. The system will move out of BC waters Sunday
Morning as it continues tracking southward.
Gale to marginal storm force southeasterly winds over the offshore
waters will spread to northern and central coastal waters this
afternoon then to southern waters tonight. Winds will ease Sunday
morning as the system moves out of the region. Marginal gale force
westerly or northwesterly winds will develop over the offshore
Waters on Sunday in the wake of the front.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: