West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 23 July 2019
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots except northwest 20 south of the Brooks Peninsula. Wind becoming light late overnight then increasing to south 15 to 25 late Wednesday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Wednesday evening.
Rain beginning late Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 July 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 23 July 2019 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 1013 mb located over
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:24 PM PDT 23 July 2019 A ridge of high pressure over Explorer will allow gale force
westerlies to continue over eastern sections of Juan de Fuca Strait
this evening. Winds will ease to strong later tonight.
A frontal system will approach northern and offshore waters on
Wednesday. Along the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop
over the offshore waters Wednesday morning then the northern waters
late Wednesday afternoon.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: