West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PST 21 November 2017
Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots except southeast 40 to 50 near the headlands. Wind becoming south 25 to 35 late this evening then increasing to southerly 35 to 45 early Wednesday morning. Wind diminishing to southerly 20 to 25 early Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 November 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 21 November 2017 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Bowie to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday dissipating frontal system located from
Haida Gwaii to BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located southwest of
By 7:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 21 November 2017 A frontal system extending from Southern Bowie to Queen Charlotte
Sound will move northwest into Haida Gwaii tonight before
dissipating. A second front will move up from southwest of Explorer
to lie over Haida Gwaii Wednesday morning. Storm force winds will
ease by this evening. Widespread southerly gale force winds will
continue through Wednesday.
A ridge of high pressure anchored over BC Interior combined with
incoming frontal systems will continue to produce easterly gale force
winds through the mainland inlets.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: