West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 24 October 2021
Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots becoming east 35 to 45 after midnight then diminishing to east 25 to 35 Monday morning. Wind diminishing to northerly 15 early Monday afternoon then increasing to westerly 15 to 25 late Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to northwest 25 to 35 early Monday evening.
Rain changing to showers Monday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 24 October 2021 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 958 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday departing low 982 mb located over central
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:16 PM PDT 24 October 2021 A 958 MB low will slowly drift through Southern Explorer tonight. The
low will weaken to 975 MB as it arrives near Estevan Point midday
Monday. The low will cross the Northern Strait of Georgia and through
the mainland coast by early Monday evening.
As the low slowly pushes towards the South Coast tonight and Monday,
widespread southeast gale to storm force winds will prevail across
the South Coast. Over the central waters, these winds will be
Behind the low, northwesterly to westerly winds will prevail.
As the low makes landfall late Monday and moves inland, winds will
drop below gales to moderate speeds Monday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: