West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 09:30 PM PST 24 November 2017
Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 late Saturday morning then increasing to southeast 40 to 50 early Saturday evening. Wind increasing to southeast 50 to 60 late Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
West Coast Vancouver Island NorthIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 November 2017
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 24 November 2017 Tonight and Saturday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
over central Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located north of Bowie.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight trough located west of Bowie.
By 7:00 a.m. PST Saturday departing trough located over northern
At 1:00 a.m. PST Sunday low located over northwestern Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:20 PM PST 24 November 2017 A weakening frontal system is stalling over Central Vancouver
Island tonight. Ahead of the front, southeasterly strong to gale
force winds are diminishing tonight. In the wake of the front, strong
southwest winds are expected.
Meanwhile a trough crossing Bowie is spreading gale force
southwesterlies over the northern waters tonight.
Another low tracking will move over Northwestern Explorer late
Saturday evening. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop
ahead of this low over southern and central waters Saturday night.
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait - southern half
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: