West Coast Vancouver Island North
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 01 October 2023
Today Tonight and Monday.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots backing to southwest 15 to 25 this morning except southeast 20 to 30 near Vancouver Island this evening. Wind becoming west 15 to 20 this evening then diminishing to west 10 to 15 late overnight. Wind becoming variable 5 to 15 Monday morning.
Periods of rain this afternoon tonight and Monday. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 1 October 2023 Today Tonight and Monday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over the Central
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Monday cold front located over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:30 AM PDT 1 October 2023 A frontal system will slide eastward across the northern waters
today. Ahead of the system, southerly gales will continue over the
northern waters today. These gales will then reach central waters
Pacific - South Coast Area
- Bowie - southern half
- Central Coast from McInnes Island to Pine Island
- Explorer - northwestern half
- Explorer - southeastern half
- Haro Strait
- Hecate Strait
- Howe Sound
- Johnstone Strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - central strait
- Juan de Fuca Strait - east entrance
- Juan de Fuca Strait - west entrance
- Queen Charlotte Sound - eastern half
- Queen Charlotte Sound - western half
- Queen Charlotte Strait
- Strait of Georgia - north of Nanaimo
- Strait of Georgia - south of Nanaimo
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - southern half
- West Coast Vancouver Island North
- West Coast Vancouver Island South
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: